The Joy of an Ordinary Life

Apparently, Khloe Kardashian is struggling with the internet being awash with a photo that she had wanted suppressed because it shows her looking less than her best. She feels that due to her level of fame, that she cannot look as ordinary as the rest of us but feels pressured to appear "perfect". Is that really what the world expects of another human being? If so, I hope not. In reality I think some people will always have something mean to say, whilst the majority will rejoice at another celebrity actually just being like the rest of us. Perhaps she's putting the pressure on herself? Perhaps her ego thinks that people care more than they actually do. 

In any case, I'm glad to live in and love the joy of having an ordinary life. These days, if anyone passes me a second glance, it's probably because I'm happily rubbing my pregnant belly as I'm walking around. Not because they actually care what I look like or am wearing. 



I love the anonymity of living in a big city, although I have just moved back to the area that I grew up in as a teenager and expect I may see some faces of the past out and about. I love that we've bought an ordinary (but beautiful) 1930s semi-detached house and have no intention of moving out, ever. I love that we have an ordinary car, 7 years old now and still doing fine. We enjoy our home, our possessions immensely but aren't interested in the accumulation of more. I finally threw away some old black leather biker boots after having them since 2008. They were leaking rainwater in from the soles and looked less than perfect even after a rub with some leather polish. I used them all up and they were ready to go. I plan to do this for all my purchases so prevent wastage of resources, money, shopping time and just to minimise more stuff lying around the house. An ordinary life is all I want and I'm thrilled to be granted it. 

Comments

Popular Posts